This is the second class that I have been assigned to complete a weekly blog. Through this experience I have learned how blogs can benefit a person within the field of public relations with social networking. I have also learned a lot about how to run a blog, and how to get people to leave beneficial comments on your blog, bringing more traffic to your site. I have comprised a list of the top 10 things that I would recommend to other students that have been given the assignment to blog for their class.
10. Stay on top of the blog. Don’t miss a week here or there. Get used to blogging every week. Include it into your schedule somehow. Missing a weekly blog will cost you, and it will cause you to be behind when the craziness of the end of the semester gets here
9. Check your grammar. Make sure you do not have grammatical mistakes. Read through your blog at least once before you post it.
8. Proofread. Proofread your blog and make sure that it makes sense. Sometimes things that are thought up in your mind do not make much sense when typed out. It may even be a good idea to read your blog out loud. This helps you get a feel for what others are reading.
7. Comment. Comment on other peoples blogs. This is one of the easiest ways to get people to read your blog. They will simply click on the link.
6. Create Beneficial comments. Make sure that your comments are beneficial. Make sure that they are worth the other persons time to read.
5. Do not bash other blogs. Stay positive. When you talk bad about other people, whether it is on your blog, or on their blog, it just makes you look bad. Don’t do it.
4. Spend time on it. Anything that you spend time on, looks like effort has been put forth. Spend time on your blog, make it high quality work. People will notice.
3. Make sure your blog is easy-to-read format. Look at your blog and make sure that you can read it easily. If the background makes it hard to read, you may want to consider changing it.
2. Make categories. Categories make it easy for you to tell the different areas that you have blogged in. This makes your blog more organized and easier to read.
1. Have fun! Enjoy writing your blog. Be creative with different posts and with different titles. It will make your blog stick out from the others.