Though my experience in college has been wonderful, I definitely have not survived without adversity. And so here you are… my Advice From My Adversity:
1. Go to all of the events that are held especially for you as a Freshman during welcome weekend. Try not to be intimidated, because everyone is feeling self-conscious and no one knows anyone! Get out and be social!
2. Get plugged in to a local Church! It is good to look around at a few, but try to decide on one within the first 2 months. Don’t go longer than 3 months without finding a church family.
3. Go to chapel! You feel more connected to the community of Southeastern and will be familiar with the leadership. Also, the worship and messages are awesome!
4. Do intramural sports! You will meet people who you wouldn’t have met and get active as well!
5. Don’t skip class unless you absolutely have to! Save your skips for later in the semester, for when you really are tired and want them!
6. Go to club rush and find one that fits you well. Being a part of a smaller community will make you feel more connected and will help you meet more people.
7. Explore Lakeland! Lakeland is actually rather large… and though a lot of us make fun of it, there are some neat places to explore!
8. Don’t be afraid to stay up late, be crazy, have fun, and enjoy college life. You can always sleep later. 4 years will fly by, and then you will have a real job.
9. Go to the beach often. You may never live this close to the beach ever again, so take advantage of it!
10. Spend time with the Lord, Study hard, get to know your professors, and take advantage of every moment you have here.
Believe me, you will blink and it will be over…
Seize The Day.