On October 18th the Republican candidates gathered in Las Vegas, a city that could go either way, Republican or Democrat, for their debate. Viewers at this debate were able to as questions as well as viewers from home via twitter or Facebook. The candidates each had one minute to answer each question. It was a great debate allowing viewers to get more of an idea about what the candidates stand for. This event was sponsored by the Republican Party. Below is my life blog:
After completing this live blog assignment, I have learned how beneficial using coveritlive can be for a variety of different audiences. I have never used this program before and it was very easy to navigate and a great tool. I love how you can cover an event and have it saved, and then not look at it for a few weeks, but it is still all there. It is very convenient and actually would be very useful for reporters. Five tips that I would offer a blogger while using coveritlive are:
1. Explore the program before your actual event so that you are familiar with how it works
2. Be ready to focus during your event, or it will be hard to keep up with
3. Make sure you can get internet wherever your event actually is, because coveritlive requires you to have internet access.
4. Make sure the short posts that you write while covering your event are useful quotes or posts and not boring
5. Enjoy and be creative! This is an amazing program that can be used for a variety of different things. Be creative with what you can use this for, and have fun with it!