While listening to Shel Holtz and the others talk about social media I learned a variety of things about why businesses should use social monitoring. I pulled out Five main points that I would like to focus in on what I learned.
1. If your going to blog, be consistent. There is no use in having a blog if you are not going to be consistent and relevant. When you commit to this form of communication with your clients, you need to go big or go home. Be willing to put in the effort and it will pay off.
2. Control of customers… do you have it? It is important to know that you are in contact with your customers and have somewhat of control about what product they choose. Constant contact with your customer creates a relationship which will build up your clientele.
3. Instant communication if there is a problem.One of the greatest things about being connected with your clients by social media is the idea that you can be in communication with them immediately if there is a mistake or rumor. Rather than having to go through the motions of writing a press release and contacting media sources, you can simply post on twitter and Facebook and the news will begin to be spread. Then, you can go through the motions of contacting other forms of media.
4. Customer feedback is priceless. The first step is just to realize that they are talking about it anyway. Customers are going to say bad things about your organization even if it IS the best thing since sliced bread. If they are talking about it anyway, why not be open to what they are saying? Show that you care by listening to your clients complaints. It WILL make a difference.
5. Have Communication.It is important to have some way to connect with your clients and social media is the perfect source to keep that client connected to you.